Plants

Up at the gardens at BYU-Idaho they have a huge orchard with a huge variety of different apple trees.  While walking through with my Soils class the teacher pointed out a particular apple tree and mentioned how it ripened early and was really good for applesauce and such.  I picked an apple and tried it and boy was I blown away.  It was the sweetest dang thing I think I have ever eaten.  Also the texture was soft and smooth which made the apple that much easier to eat.  The next day I went back and looked at the name of the variety.  My favorite apple is the Mantet variety.  Here is a link to a website that has really good information on it.  http://www.orangepippin.com/apples/mantet   

Plants I eventually want to grow.  


Kumquat tree
California pepper tree
Avocado tree
Sago Palm
Bird of Paradise
Norway spruce
Create a curly bright yellow and red Colius
Create a more cold hardy basil -lettuce and basil mix?
Dark red marigold- name it Tina

Comments

Popular Posts